There is quite a lot of buzz surrounding the benefits of peptides (and for good reason). In skincare, it is an ingredient that dermatologists use to create bioactive peptide-rich formulas, moisturizers, and serums. These peptide products boost your skin’s collagen production and offset the signs of premature aging. In bodybuilding, peptides are used to stimulate the natural growth hormone required to accelerate muscle growth and recovery.
WHAT ARE PEPTIDES AND WHY SHOULD YOU CARE
Peptides are organic protein compounds known as short chains of amino acids that play a pivotal role in creating protein essentials such as collagen, keratin, and elastin. They’re the building blocks of proteins. As stated, the most prominent benefits of peptides for skin health are to counter the most common signs of aging.
The levels of our Human Growth Hormone necessary for repairing the body’s damaged cells peaks in our 20s and gradually decreases as we age. Therefore, the benefit of HGH peptide can help mitigate and even delay the manifestation of aging. Because the hormone rejuvenates the body, it can alleviate certain lifestyle issues that will be discussed throughout this article.
HOW HGH PEPTIDES WORK
Your body’s HGH levels begin to lessen after the age of 30. That’s why you’re more likely to start noticing the appearance of crow’s feet, wrinkles, sexual dysfunction, memory loss, skin damage, a reduction of energy, etc.
To appreciate the science behind peptides, you first must understand how your body functions. HGH is produced in the pituitary gland. It is the “holy grail” of the growth and maintenance of muscles, bones and other tissue. Therefore, any disruption that hinders the HGH levels in our bodies will lead to a decrease in various bodily functions.
So, what are the benefits of using peptides? HGH peptides have been medically proven to play a pivotal role in increasing our fat metabolism and maintaining healthy body composition. And as we age, you need fail-proof ways to significantly increase these vital proteins that help keep your skin looking youthful and your body years younger.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEPTIDES
As we age, peptide production can drop, the body begins to weaken, gain fat instead of increasing muscle mass, and the skin sags. Amino acids contribute to your body’s natural production of human growth hormone (HGH). However, if your body isn’t absorbing or producing proteins, it won’t have enough peptides and the production of HGH will diminish
Think of HGH peptides as anti-aging protein messengers, or neurotransmitters, that send key signals to your cells to produce collagen and elastin. To feed your skin and starve your wrinkles, you should consume foods that are rich in vitamins A and C. This will help form keratin-building cells and increase collagen production. You can find various peptide supplements on the market today that offer faster absorption, such as glutamine and creatine peptide.
Peptides accomplish various roles within your body. In addition to aiding in muscle growth, collagen peptides also help boost melanin levels on the skin.
10 BENEFITS OF HGH AND PEPTIDE THERAPY
- Increased Skin Firmness: There are specific types of peptide-enriched anti-aging formulas and supplements that may help regenerate the skin by stimulating collagen production to increase skin firmness.
- Smoother, Clearer Skin: Peptide’s anti-inflammatory and hydration-boosting properties result in smoother, clearer skin that’s devoid of fine lines and wrinkles.
- UV Protection: Among the benefits of peptides for skin is that they have been touted to protect the skin from UV damage by promoting the production of hyaluronic acid.
- Reduced Inflammation: They also reduce inflammation and stimulate the regeneration of new skin molecules.
- Faster Healing: The benefit of HGH peptides is to promote fast wound healing for flawless skin.
- Boosted Muscle Mass: HGH peptide therapy may also boost muscle mass growth and injury recovery from strenuous workouts.
- Antioxidant Effects: Growth Hormone-releasing Hormone Peptides have been shown to have antioxidant effects that are beneficial when treating sexual dysfunction, alcohol addiction, including mood disorders like anxiety, depression, and ADD/ADHD.
- Increased Serotonin: Peptides are involved in increasing serotonin in the body to boost sleep, mood, energy, even cognitive impairment in patients with neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Healthy Hair and Nails: Peptides are highly valued in complementary therapeutic applications primarily for their immunity-restoring properties; therefore, they can be successfully used to stimulate healthy hair and nail growth.
- Boosted Metabolism: The health benefits of collagen peptides in boosting metabolism for healthy weight loss are commendable. Ipamorelin, collagen, and creatinine are examples of peptides that stimulate HGH production to burn calories, store more energy, and help your body absorb more protein for building new lean muscle.
HOW TO INCORPORATE PEPTIDES INTO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE
If you are seeking the benefits of peptides for skin regeneration, hydrating and anti-aging, remember that peptides need to be absorbed through the skin to be effective. That said, there are quite a few serums and moisturizers that contain this, including peptide-infused cleansers and sunscreens. It’s worth mentioning that peptides like glycolic, AHAs and lactic acid may cause irritation to super-sensitive skin.
Peptides are now at the forefront in combating unhealthy weight gain, obesity including boosting physical performance and various bodily metabolic processes. Peptides also aid in burning fat cells, which rid the body of excess subcutaneous fat and allow you to attain your bodybuilding goals.
If you use fat-burner, weight loss peptide supplements or injectables, consult your physician first. Used incorrectly, peptides may cause various side effects such as dry mouth, itchiness in the injection area, joint pain, or water retention. Therefore, when researching the benefits of using peptides, you should also be wary of the potential downsides.
There is evidence supporting the benefits of using collagen peptides for youthful skin, decreased body fat, increased exercise capacity and muscle mass, sexual performance and enhance psychological well-being. See what using HGH peptide therapy as part of your everyday life can do for your overall well-being.
There are specific blood tests and medical diagnoses by our medical staff required before getting started with growth hormone therapy. If you’re interested in the benefits of peptides and want to talk to a professional about them, you can contact us directly!